EXTENDED – Global Digital Storytelling Competition #tellyourstory
Today, ‘you are what you eat’ means more.
Not only do the food you choose to eat affect your health, they also drive Earth’s health. It has an impact on the way agri-food systems work. In this year’s World Food Day (WFD), we ask you to be our heroes, to take part in defining the path of a better agri-food system that provides better food for humanity.
You can be our agri-food heroes, by telling stories that making known of individual, group, idea, or work that can inspire us in addressing agri-food challenges. These stories can expose best practices to improve the system, leading to our capacity improvement to be more resilient and adaptive.
Join the competition in 5 easy steps!
- Create a 3-5 minute video that meets the requirements below.
- Upload your video to YouTube and copy your video link.
- Go to tiny.cc/tellyours-submit where you can paste your video link and fill out the submission form.
- Read on for contest rules and terms (also mentioned below) and click Submit.
- Wait for the final announcement!
This digital storytelling competition is a heartfelt campaign to celebrate farmers, scientist, and everyone who have worked smarter to provide better food for humanity. We have a total prize of more than 1000 USD to appreciate the winners. Read more details on how to join this competition below or download the full guideline here.
1. Your story should revolve around our theme “How Can We Contribute to A Better Agri-food System”. You can tell a story of any individual, group, idea, or work that can inspire us to improve the agri-food system. Your work should lead to a capacity building of relevant stakeholders, to be more resilient and adaptive, so we can provide better food for humanity. Your story can tell about (but not limited to):
- Innovation in sustainable agriculture practice
- Successful on-farm and off-farm farmer
- Water management in suboptimal farming
2. This competition is open to all members of the public everywhere in the world and aged >16 years old. You can enter as a group, but one name can only submit one work under one account.
3. Your story must be submitted as a video, which can be a photo slideshow, an animation, an interview, a street journalism, those combinations, or any other audio-visual works.
4. You will only need to share the link directed to your video that has been uploaded to Youtube. Your video submissions must:
- Have length of 3-5 minutes
- Have a title and brief description in English language.
- Be of a high enough quality (no less than 480p) to view uninterrupted
- Have a clear audio quality. If your video does not use English language, we expect you to put the English closed caption on the video.
- Be an original work created for the purpose of this competition. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Not include copyrighted material.
5. The video should be uploaded between 1 October 2021 00.00 AM to 30 November 2021 11.59 PM (Jakarta Time). The submission to our tiny.cc/tellyours-submit will only be accepted within that same time period.
6. Please note that the organizers will never ask any fee related to this competition. It is rightfully free!
Please upload your video submissions to Youtube. If you don’t have an account, you can make one (please contact us if you have objections). After the upload, you can copy the video link. Then, you can go to tiny.cc/tellyours-submit where you can paste the video link and fill in the rest of the submission form.
Entries that do not meet the submission requirement for the contest will be excluded. Decisions of the judging panel are final and are not subject to appeal. Our judges will be disclosed after the submission period ends. This competition is skills-based with the judging criteria below playing the part to select the finalists and the winners.
- Voice and Power (35%) – Does the “voice” come through in the video? Does it capture emotions? To what extent the audience can feel the “power” of the featured idea or work to change the agri-food system to provide better food for humanity?
- Experience and Engagement (30%) – To what extent the submission helps the audience to better understand or connect to the story? Does it keep the audience engaged to keep following until the end of the video about the featured agri-food story?
- Inspire for Impact (35%) – Does the story capture the (potential) impact of the featured idea or work? To what extent does it support agri-food system improvement to provide better food for humanity? Does the story inspire the audience to learn more or take impactful action?
The announcement for selected works to the final round will be done on 6 November 2021. Please stay tuned!
We encourage you to submit the video earlier so you can have much time to share your Youtube’s video link on any social media and gain more likes. Three videos with the highest number of likes at the end of the competition will compete to be our ‘favorite winner.’ The judging panel will decide to select the winner based on the mentioned criteria above.
If you follow and mention us on Instagram (@tayjuhanafoundation), we can also share your post to help you gain those likes.
After the final round announcement, we will expect the finalists to take the story they featured in the video and retell it during the online final show. Although the finalists, the judges, and the audience will not have face to face moments, each finalist will be given 15 minutes of camera time to do the storytelling using whatever benefits them. At the end of the show, we will decide on three winners with the following cash prizes.
- 1st winner will get 500 USD
- 2nd winner will get 350 USD
- Favorite winner will get 200 USD
In addition, the winners will be featured and promoted via the organizer and media partner’s social media channels.
- If your submission contains any material or elements that are not yours and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the submission, you are responsible for obtaining all releases and consents necessary.
- By entering this competition, you agree and acknowledge that your registration data will be used by the organizer for the purpose of this competition only.
- By entering this contest, you consent to give the organizer the usage rights of your video submission. It grants us permission to use your submission as content material for Tay Juhana Foundation’s dissemination purposes in the future.
1 October – 30 November 2021 (11.59 PM Jakarta Time) – Submission period and time to share your video to gain likes (let’s be our favorite winner!)
11 December – Announcement of the Finalist and the date of Final Event